6 Feb 2019

Moustache Man - Art Journalling


Hi everyone!!

This is my recent art jounaling page "Moustache Man" for The Crafty Chain.

 A little vintage fun 

Image may contain: 2 people

I love my Dyan Reaveley art journal, its my favourite!!
I started by collecting random pieces of ephemera and collaging them onto my background with gel medium.
Adding some cream & Brown printed washi tapes,  and stamping randomly with my Carabelle Studio "Collage Texte Grunge" and Archival in 'Black and Potting Soil' - if the stamping is not perfect, it creates more of a grungy background!!
I created a couple of tags with 'Ground Espresso' and 'Walnut Stain' in Distress Oxides by smooshing the ink on my messy mat, spritzing lightly and then swiping the tag through the liquids.
By folding a sheet of book print like a paper aeroplane then over in half in creates a faux envelope - a bit tricky... but super simple!!
The Moustache Man piece has been stamped onto a background of Alcohol Inks - a combination of Espresso, Rust and Caramel inks - adding some blending solution with a dauber to 'mix' the colours. "Evolution CMS262" stamp from Stampers Anonymous, which gives the perfect grungy stamped effect!!
I adhered an old remanant flower I picked up on a Vinnies visit and sprinkled some other paper flowers in shades of cream and brown... the final flourish was a rough textured piece of twine that was tied onto the larger tag!!

If you've been following me for awhile, you might know that 'Vintage' is not my usual style, it's always good to challenge yourself... so I did!!
I was happy with how the layers and mixed emdia elements all came together.

Thankyou for visiting,
Love, Paige xo


No comments:

Post a Comment